As we approach the beginnings of another exciting season, Somerton Rugby Football Club (SRFC) has great ambitions to continue to grow the Club as a key contributor to the community, both in terms of its on-pitch sporting success and its engagement with broader activities and events in and around our great Town.
In pursuing these ambitions, we would very much like to work in partnership with local businesses who wish to promote both their commercial interests and their investment in our local community. To this end, we would like to invite you to consider sponsoring the Club during the 2019-20 season. Details of our Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorship options and other opportunities are at the Annex.
What does Somerton RFC Sponsorship offer your business? In addition to the specific details of what our sponsorship will provide, as detailed at the Annex, there are additional benefits that association with our Club can offer your business. Key aspects which we would wish to maximise to the benefit of all our sponsors include:
- We have an extensive and rapidly growing presence on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), which have +2000 followers and reach +9000 local people per month. Our Digital Team look forward to working with our sponsors to capitalise on this for their benefit.
- We are regularly featured in the local press and broader sporting media outlets. Club shirts, advertising boards and media are a great way to promote your business’ investment in the community.
- During games and at local community events we will promote both the Club and its sponsors to the greatest extent, including communicating any promotional deals sponsors may wish to offer local residents or SRFC supporters and affiliates.
- During the 2019-20 season, the Club’s affiliated charity is the Devon and Somerset Air Ambulance. Throughout the season, we will be fund raising for this worthy cause. We believe your affiliation with the Club and this great charity will promote a very positive view of your business within the local community.
- Our Club’s ethos is centred around the ‘SRFC Family’. As a sponsor you and your employees would be most welcome and invited to join us at any of our games, on the SRFC stand at one of the many community events (e.g. Somerton Christmas Markets) or at one of the Club’s many social engagements.
So what kind of club is Somerton RFC? The Club prides itself on promoting the core values of rugby and playing a central role in the local community. During the 2018-19 season, Somerton RFC enjoyed a hugely successful season both on and off the pitch. Highlights of the year included:
- Finishing 6th in the Tribute Somerset Two South League and expanding our squad to +40 players.
- Combining with Yeovil RFC U15 and U18 girls squads to field two strong teams that enjoyed a +70% win rate and reached the semi-finals of the RFU National Area Cup.
- Having 3 girls from our Youth squad selected to play for Somerset and one selected for England U18 girls.
- Running a ‘minis’ rugby sessions every Sunday for children aged 4-11.
- Staging a highly successful 10s festival for adult, girls and juniors teams consisting of over 100 players.
- Assisting in the running of the Somerton Christmas Market and Summer Fete including the provision of Club’s flood lights and traffic marshals in the Market Square.
- Working in collaboration and support of local clubs and groups to assist in community children’s events and activities (e.g. loan of club minibus to Somerton Scouts).
Somerton RFC is proud of its success to date and the significant part it has played ‘working for Somerton through Rugby’. We hope to continue this during the 2019-20 season and would very much appreciate any support your business can offer.
What next? If you would like to support this Club through one of the sponsorship options detailed at the Annex, please could you contact us using the details below.
Thank you in anticipation.
President -Somerton RFC
Mobile: 07836 521665